Monday, August 19, 2013

TOP EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN SCI-FI/FANTASY WRITERS


TOP EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN SCI-FI/FANTASY WRITERS

Books at Open Library 

Ted Dekker (born October 24, 1962) is a New York Times best-selling author of more than twenty novels. He is best known for stories which could be broadly described as suspense thrillers with major twists and unforgettable characters, though he has also made a name for himself among fantasy fans.

Selected Bibliography
Martyr's Song
Heaven's Wager (2000)
When Heaven Weeps (2001)

Thunder of Heaven (2002)

Steven Lawhead  Official website
I look at my stories as living things, organisms that have grown up out of the soil of their creation and taken on a life of their own. Their make up, personality, or whatever you want to call it, is inherent in their being, it is in their flesh and bones. My stories are not soapboxes for me to stand on and shout my opinions to the world. There are no messages pasted on, wrapped up, or otherwise added on. If they speak to a reader, they speak out of their own organic being. And, I find, that often has more to do with the reader him or herself, than with anything I might have done as a writer.                              -  Organic Storyteller: An Interview with Stephen Lawhead – 

 Selected Bibliography
Dream Thief (1983)

The Pendragon Cycle:
Taliesin (1987)
Merlin (1988)
Arthur (1989)
Pendragon (1994)
Grail (1997)

Bill Myers  Official Website At Open Library
One of the most original minds in supernatural suspense, Biill Myers deftly weaves timeless truths into incredible tales, powerful and thought provoking, his worlds have brought millions of readers not only amazement and entertainment, but also into a deeper encounter with God.

Here, new territories are explored. Old assumptions are tested. Comfort zones are stripped away. Characters are pushed past all imaginable limits as readers are drawn along a spine tingling tour that ultimately brings them face to face with the mysteries of God.


Soul Tracker
Soul Tracker (2004)
The Presence (2005)
Seeing (2007)

Bernard Palmer
 Bernard Alvin Palmer (1914–1998), born in Central City, Nebraska, USA, was the originator and author of over 165 books for Christian youth, as well as several books for adults. He created series such as the Danny Orlis series, Felicia Cartright series, and the Pioneer Girls series which he co-authored with his wife Marjorie Palmer.

Frank Peretti   Official website      at  Open Library
I was made to be a writer, and I was always a storyteller and a writer from the time I was a kid. I would draw comics up in my room, I wrote stories on my mom’s power portable typewriter.  I would tell stories to the neighborhood kids under the back porch. So that was in formation when I was real small and all the way through my childhood.  It took a long time for me to really realize that’s what I was supposed to do. I knew there could be a career in writing, at least I thought there was. I mean Arthur Conan Doyle did it, and Mark Twain did it. Those were my some of my favorite authors back then.

I remember thinking, ‘I would sure love to be another Walt Disney’.  We loved watching the old Disneyland shows on TV.  Davy Crockett, and all those wonderful stories, the Sorcerer’s Apprentice, with Mickey Mouse, Treasure Island.  It was just so cool.  And I was just caught up in the magic of all that.  I still am. Because it just really resonated with me.  I knew that’s what I wanted to do. There were distractions that came along as I lived life. I tried being a musician, and a carpenter, worked in a print shop, and I tried being in the ministry for a while.

This Present Darkness
This Present Darkness (1986)
Piercing the Darkness (1989)

Tilly (1988)
Prophet (1992)
The Oath (1995)
The Visitation (1999)
Monster (2005)
House (2006) (with Ted Dekker)
Illusion (2012)
 
Kathy Tyers at Open Library  Official Website

What should I study to become a writer?
People. Why they do what they do, how they do it, how they speak, their body language. After that—study just about anything. Everything you learn will make you a better writer (I do not regret getting that microbiology degree. I drew heavily on it when I wrote SHIVERING WORLD). Read widely—you should be writing the kind of literature that you love to read. Read the best—and if you spent good money on a book, but you discover when you’re five or fifty pages into it that it isn’t as good as it looked in the bookstore, throw it away! You’ve already wasted the money; why waste your precious time? Everything you read, observe, hear, and do—it all will become part of you, and your writing.


Firebird
1. Firebird (1987)
2. Fusion Fire (1988)
3. Crown of Fire (2000)

Novels
Crystal Witness (1989)
Shivering World (1991)
One Mind's Eye (1996)

Star Wars Universe
Star Wars The Truce at Bakura (1994)
◦Star Wars: The New Jedi Order 6 Balance Point (2000)

No comments:

Post a Comment